Vegan Stuffed Holiday Roast
Vegan Stuffed Roast is a large roast, with mushroom herb bread stuffing, the perfect centerpiece for your holiday meal! You can choose to have an herb roast (more traditional chicken/turkey type roast) or smoky pepper roast for a more robust flavor more similar to ham. It is precooked, so just needs to be heated up in the oven before mealtime. It comes frozen. Store it in the freezer and thaw it in the fridge for a day (or 2-3 days is ok before heating it up.
Instructions for heating:
- To bake/roast, heat oven to 170 C. Place the roast in a pan and baste with a mixture of 1-2 Tbsp oil, 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce (or some bouillon powder/cube), 1/4 cup water and optional seasonings of choice (black pepper, herbs, garlic powder, etc). Bake for 45 minutes, basting every 10-15 minutes. You can cover the roast with foil while baking to keep it more moist, or leave uncovered for more of a crust, your choice! If you cover with foil it will be much easier to slice, so I recommend that!
Here are some uses for leftovers if you have any!
- Slice it cold for sandwiches, wraps, etc.
- Chop and use on pizza.
- Slice or chop and heat up with some barbecue sauce. Serve as a side dish or in a sandwich.
- Slice or chop it up, sauté or grill it with a touch of oil, and use it as a side dish, topping, or mix it into your dishes such as fried noodles, noodle soup, etc.
- Chop and stir fry with onions and veggies. Add a quick stir fry sauce or sweet/sour sauce and serve with rice or noodles.
Keep in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for several months. No MSG, all natural ingredients!
A large stuffed roast is about 8-12 servings if served as a main dish, depending on how many side dishes there are.
Large Stuffed Roast - 1.6kg
For herb roast style: vital wheat gluten, filtered water, nutritional yeast, chickpea flour, onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, black pepper, and salt.
For smoky pepper roast style: vital wheat gluten, filtered water, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, chickpea flour, onion powder, black pepper, spices, herbs and salt.
For stuffing: vegan bread, mushrooms, celery, onions, dried cranberries, vegan chicken style broth, dried herbs
*Can be made with no onion/garlic, just choose that variation