Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
Looking for something cool and fruity on a hot day? A cool scoop to add to the top of some cake? This cool and creamy vegan strawberry ice cream is just the ticket! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy!
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor and creamy ice cream.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and slightly creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
When I eat strawberry ice cream I really want to taste the strawberries! So this tub of ice cream is loaded with over 300g of real strawberries! The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel. Delicious! I use fresh made almond or sesame milk for part of the milk, as it helps let the strawberry flavor shine. I also sometimes add a small piece of red dragonfruit for color, especially for the date sweetened version as the dates dull the strawberry color.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Coconut milk, almond or sesame milk, strawberries, dates (or gula melaka/sugar), red dragonfruit (just a bit for color), pure vanilla extract, pinch of himalayan salt