Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
Nothing like a cool and fruity treat on a hot day! This cool and creamy vegan strawberry ice cream is just the ticket! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy! Date sweetened ice cream has a thicker texture and can feel a little fibrous/grainy (I do strain it after blending), so keep this in mind.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor. Gula melaka sweetened ice cream is smoother than date sweetened, but can be a little icier in texture compared to cane sugar due to the water content in the gula melaka syrup.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). But that’s a good thing,it’s not full of air, so you’re getting more ice cream! Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 10-20 minutes and then you can scoop it! Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
When I eat strawberry ice cream I really want to taste the strawberries! So this tub of ice cream is loaded with over 300g of real strawberries! The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel. Delicious! I use fresh made almond or sesame milk for part of the milk, as it helps let the strawberry flavor shine. I also add a small piece of red dragonfruit for color, especially for the date sweetened version as the dates dull the strawberry color.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Coconut milk, almond or sesame milk, strawberries, dates (or gula melaka/sugar), red dragonfruit (just a bit for color), pure vanilla extract, pinch of himalayan salt