Vegan Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream
Looking for something cool and fruity on a hot day? A cool scoop to add to the top of some cake? This cool and creamy vegan raspberry truffle ice cream is just the ticket! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Note that because this is vanilla ice cream, the date flavor will shine through more than with something like chocolate.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor and creamy ice cream.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and slightly creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
This ice cream is such a treat! Creamy vanilla ice cream is swirled with raspberry sauce and studded with dark chocolate truffle pieces.
The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel. Delicious! I use fresh made almond or sesame milk for part of the milk, and some cashews for extra creaminess.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Coconut milk, almond or sesame milk, raspberry sauce (raspberries, Gula Melaka, tapioca starch), sweetener (dates, gula melaka, or sugar), dark chocolate truffles (cocoa powder, Gula Melaka, coconut oil, sunflower oil, filtered water), natural vanilla extract (non alcohol), pinch of himalayan salt