Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
Looking for something cool and creamy on a hot day? A cold scoop to add to the top of some cake or brownies? This rich vegan peanut butter cup ice cream is perfect! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy!
- Choose Gula Melaka (coconut sugar) for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor and creamy ice cream.
- Choose organic unrefined cane sugar for a more traditional and slightly creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
Peanut butter cups have always been one of my favorite treats! The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is irresistible! So I start this icecream by making some peanut butter cups! I use vegan dark chocolate chips around a filling of homemade peanut butter mixed with a little Gula Melaka (coconut sugar)
The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel, along with our homemade peanut butter. Delicious! I use fresh made almond or sesame milk for part of the milk, as it helps let the peanut butter flavor shine.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Ice cream base:Coconut milk, almond or sesame milk, peanut butter (peanuts, salt), sweetener (dates, gula melaka, or organic sugar), pure vanilla extract, pinch of himalayan salt
Peanut butter cups: vegan dark chocolate, peanut butter (peanuts, salt), gula melaka
**if you have any food allergies to specific kinds of nuts/seeds/etc. let me know and I can adjust the recipe to accommodate you :)