Vegan Coffee Toffee Ice Cream
Cool creamy coffee ice cream with homemade toffee! The perfect ice cream for the coffee lover. The homemade vegan toffee is coated in Belgian chocolate. A perfect cold scoop for a hot day or to add to the top of some cake or brownies? Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy! Date sweetened ice cream has a thicker texture and can feel a little fibrous/grainy (I do strain it after blending), so keep this in mind.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy more unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor.
- Choose organic unrefined cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). But that’s a good thing,it’s not full of air, so you’re getting more ice cream! Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 10-20 minutes and then you can scoop it! Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
We love chunks in ice cream to give some texture and flavor contrast. So we make our vegan toffee from scratch and top it with Belgian chocolate. After being chopped into small pieces, it is added to our creamy coffee ice cream. Yum!
The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel? Fresh made cashew milk helps the creaminess and balances the coconut flavor so it’s not too dominant.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Ice cream base:Coconut milk, cashew milk, sweetener (dates, gula melaka, or organic unrefined sugar), instant coffee, pure vanilla extract, pinch of himalayan salt
Toffee: vegan dark Belgian chocolate, organic unrefined sugar, vegan butter (non hydrogenated, soy free - Nuttelex), gula melaka, peanut butter, salt
**if you have any food allergies to specific kinds of nuts/seeds/etc. let me know and I can adjust the recipe to accommodate you :)