Vegan Smoky Pepper Roast
Vegan Smoky Pepper Roast is so versatile! It is precooked and can be eaten cold or heated up/cooked in several different ways. Here are some uses:
- Slice it cold for sandwiches, wraps, etc.
- Chop and use on pizza.
- Slice or chop and heat up with some barbecue sauce. Serve as a side dish or in a sandwich.
- Slice or chop it up, sauté or grill it with a touch of oil, and use it as a side dish, topping, or mix it into your dishes such as fried noodles, noodle soup, etc.
- Chop and stir fry with onions and veggies. Add a quick stir fry sauce or sweet/sour sauce and serve with rice or noodles.
- Bake the whole roast to heat it up (or just grill/sauté thick slices) and serve with mashed potatoes and other veggies with gravy on the side. To bake/roast, heat oven to 170 C. Place the roast in a pan and baste with a mixture of 1Tbsp oil, 1Tbsp soy sauce (or bouillon powder/cube), 2Tbsp water and seasonings of choice (black pepper, herbs, garlic powder, etc). Bake for 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes or so. You can cover the roast with foil while baking to keep it more moist, or leave uncovered for more of a crust, your choice!
Keep in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for several months. No MSG, all natural ingredients!
A medium roast is about 4-6 servings if served as a main dish for a meal, depending on how many side dishes there are.
A large roast is about 6-9 servings if served as a main dish, depending on how many side dishes there are.
Large Roast - 1200g
Medium Roast - 800g
Half Roast - 400g
vital wheat gluten, filtered water, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, chickpea flour, onion powder, sunflower oil, black pepper, liquid smoke, spices, herbs and salt.
*Can be made with no onion/garlic, just choose that variation