Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream 1 L tub
Looking for something cool and creamy on a hot day? A cold scoop to add to the top of some cake or brownies? This rich vegan peanut butter cup ice cream is perfect! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy! Date sweetened ice cream has a thicker texture and can feel a little fibrous/grainy (I do strain it after blending), so keep this in mind. Especially with this peanut butter flavor, as the peanuts add to the fiber as well.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor. Gula melaka sweetened ice cream is smoother than date sweetened, but can be a little icier in texture compared to cane sugar due to the water content in the gula melaka syrup.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). But that’s a good thing,it’s not full of air, so you’re getting more ice cream! Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 10-20 minutes and then you can scoop it! Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
Peanut butter cups have always been one of my favorite treats! The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is irresistible! So I start this icecream by making some peanut butter cups! I use vegan dark chocolate chips around a filling of homemade peanut butter (just peanuts and salt)
The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel, along with our homemade peanut butter. Delicious! I use fresh made almond or sesame milk for part of the milk, as it helps let the peanut butter flavor shine.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Ice cream base:Coconut milk, almond or sesame milk, cashews, peanut butter (peanuts, salt), sweetener (dates, gula melaka, or organic sugar), pure vanilla extract, pinch of himalayan salt
Peanut butter cups: vegan dark chocolate, peanut butter (peanuts, salt), gula melaka
**if you have any food allergies to specific kinds of nuts/seeds/etc. let me know and I can adjust the recipe to accommodate you :)