Vegan Ice Cream - Build Your Own Flavor! 1 L tub
Looking for an old favorite or new unique vegan ice cream flavor? We have quite a few flavors of homemade vegan ice cream here to choose from. But what if the flavor you are looking for isn’t here? No problem, here you can build your own!!
Start with choosing your base flavor. Here are some possibilities, or you can contact me for something you don’t see here. The base of our ice creams are made of coconut cream and fresh nut/seed milks. Let us know if you have any particular allergies that need to be taken into account! Usually we use sesame or almond milk, but sometimes others. Some have cashews blended into the base as well. For sweetener we use either organic unrefined sugar, Gula Melaka, or dates. For some flavors the sweetener is set (like chocolate dream and butterscotch), for others you can choose which you’d like.
- chocolate dream
- pink dragonfruit
- black currant
- peanut butter
- pumpkin spice
- something else??
Now, choose one or two things to add to your ice cream (or not, you don’t have to have additions)! Here are some possibilities, or just let me know if you want something else not on the list:
- chocolate chips
- chocolate drizzle (melted chocolate drizzled in, so it freezes hard)
- chocolate syrup
- chocolate truffles
- peanut butter truffles
- peanut butter chocolate truffles
- date fudge brownie pieces
- cookie dough (chocolate chip, peanut butter, etc. can be gluten free or not)
- oreo cookies
- strawberry sauce (or raspberry, blueberry, mango, black currant)
- raw fruit chunks (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, mango)
- brownie batter
- baked brownie chunks
- chocolate peanut butter cups
- chocolate jam cups
- chunks of baked cookies (chocolate chip, gingerbread, chocolate, snickerdoodle, vanilla, etc)
- raw nuts
- roasted nuts
- peanut butter swirl
- butterscotch (caramel) swirl
- What can you think of??
After you purchase this ice cream, make sure to contact me to let you know what you would like!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy! Date sweetened ice cream has a thicker texture and can feel a little fibrous/grainy (I do strain it after blending), so keep this in mind.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor. Gula melaka sweetened ice cream is smoother than date sweetened, but can be a little icier in texture compared to cane sugar due to the water content in the gula melaka syrup.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). But that’s a good thing,it’s not full of air, so you’re getting more ice cream! Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 10-20 minutes and then you can scoop it! Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Ingredients (this is the basic vanilla ice cream base, other ingredients vary depending on your choices)
Ice cream base:Coconut milk, almond or sesame milk, raw cashews, sweetener (unrefined organic cane sugar, gula melaka (coconut sugar), or dates), natural vanilla extract (non alcohol), pinch of himalayan salt
**if you have any food allergies to specific kinds of nuts/seeds/etc. let me know and I can adjust the recipe to accommodate you :)