Vegan Ginger Lemon Ice Cream 1 L tub
Looking for something cool and creamy on a hot day? A refreshing scoop to add to the top of a berry crumble? This sweet and creamy vegan ginger lemon ice cream is perfect! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Dates - I don’t give dates as an option for this flavor as it really does not go as well. If you need date sweetened I recommend trying another flavor such as chocolate or strawberry.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor. Gula melaka sweetened ice cream is smoother than date sweetened, but can be a little icier in texture compared to cane sugar due to the water content in the gula melaka syrup.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). But that’s a good thing,it’s not full of air, so you’re getting more ice cream! Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 10-20 minutes and then you can scoop it! Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
One of the best things about homemade ice cream is the huge variety of flavors you can make! This creamy ginger lemon ice cream has a good kick of flavor from fresh ginger and a tangy burst from fresh lemon juice.. It tastes great on its own, and is a wonderful accompaniment to berry crumble, blueberry pie, ginger cookies, and more. First I made our plain ginger ice cream, which is lovely! Then I remembered how I love to add ginger to fresh made lemonade, and I just had to try it out in the ice cream! I was going to see whether we preferred ginger or ginger lemon, but they were both great so we listed both. Now you can try both and see which you prefer! This is a very refreshing and full flavored ice cream!
The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel, along with fresh ginger and lemon juice for a nice kick. Delicious! I use fresh made almond or sesame milk for part of the milk, so the ice cream doesn’t taste too much like coconut, and cashews for extra creaminess.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it. (Coconut almond would be a good flavor to go with this)
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- on top of berry pie or berry crisp.
- With vanilla or strawberry birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
Ice cream base:Coconut milk, almond or sesame milk, cashews, sweetener (gula melaka, or organic unrefined cane sugar), fresh lemon juice, fresh ginger, pinch of Himalayan salt
**if you have any food allergies to specific kinds of nuts/seeds/etc. let me know and I can adjust the recipe to accommodate you :)