Vegan Cookies and Cream Ice Cream 1 L tub
Looking for something cool and creamy on a hot day? A refreshing scoop to add to the top of some cake or brownies? This cool and delicious cookies and cream ice cream is perfect! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
We start with our homemade gluten free chocolate cream cookies. We chop them and mix them into our vanilla dream ice cream base for an extra special treat! You get a good mix of small cookie crumbles and bigger chunks.
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy! Date sweetened ice cream has a thicker texture and can feel a little fibrous/grainy (I do strain it after blending), so keep this in mind. Note that the cookies still do contain Gula Melaka and unrefined sugar, just the ice cream base will use dates.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor. Gula melaka sweetened ice cream is smoother than date sweetened, but can be a little icier in texture compared to cane sugar due to the water content in the gula melaka syrup. It also gives a tan color.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). But that’s a good thing,it’s not full of air, so you’re getting more ice cream! Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 5-15 minutes (depending on how cold your freezer was) and then you can scoop it! Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel, along with natural vanilla extract (non alcohol) for a dreamy flavor. Delicious! I use fresh made cashew milk for part of the milk, so the ice cream doesn’t taste too much like coconut.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
ingredients: coconut milk, cashew milk, sweetener (organic unrefined sugar, gula melaka, dates), sunflower oil, natural vanilla extract, himalayan salt (Cookies): organic buckwheat flour, rice flour, tapioca starch, cocoa powder, organic unrefined sugar, gula melaka, coconut oil, natural vanilla, salt
*the cookies for this ice cream are made from gluten free ingredients, but are made in a kitchen where wheat items are also cooked. We wash the dishes thoroughly before making the gluten free items, but there is always possibility of cross contamination.
**if you have any food allergies to specific kinds of nuts/seeds/etc. let me know and I can adjust the recipe to accommodate you :)
***we add just a touch of sunflower oil to our ice cream base to make it extra creamy and not quite as hard straight out of the freezer. It also helps the ice cream keep its texture longer in the freezer. If you prefer your ice cream base without the tiny bit of sunflower oil, just let us know after you order.