Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream 1 L tub
**NOTE** We are currently not accepting individual orders. If you are looking to purchase this or other of our products, we stock them at Vegan District in Kota Damansara. You can stop by their store, or order from their website. I’d you are looking to purchase as a retailer or as a cafe/restaurant/hotel, please contact us for our wholesale product lists.
Looking for something cool and creamy on a hot day? A cold scoop to add to the top of some cake or brownies? This rich vegan cookie dough ice cream is perfect! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy! Date sweetened ice cream has a thicker texture and can feel a little fibrous/grainy (I do strain it after blending), so keep this in mind.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor. Gula melaka sweetened ice cream is smoother than date sweetened, but can be a little icier in texture compared to cane sugar due to the water content in the gula melaka syrup.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). But that’s a good thing,it’s not full of air, so you’re getting more ice cream! Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 10-20 minutes and then you can scoop it! Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
This ice cream has a base of vanilla ice cream, with plenty of cookie dough pieces throughout! You get to choose whether you want a more traditional cookie dough or a healthier one. Both are gluten free! Here is the difference:
- traditional cookie dough - these melt in your mouth cookie dough pieces are made from rice flour, tapioca starch, and potato starch. They have sunflower oil and are sweetened with gula melaka. No refined sweeteners.
- healthy cookie dough - these yummy cookie dough pieces are made with organic oats, peanut butter, and gula melaka. They are a bit chewier and more hearty flavored due to the peanut butter. No oil, no refined grains, no refined sweeteners
The full fat coconut milk makes this ice cream rich and creamy. I use fresh made almond or sesame milk for part of the milk, as it helps let the vanilla flavor shine.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
- as a banana split!
Ice cream base:Coconut milk, almond or sesame milk, sweetener (dates, gula melaka, or organic sugar), cashews, natural vanilla extract (non alcohol), pinch of himalayan salt
Traditional Cookie Dough: white rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, vegan mini chocolate chips, gula melaka, sunflower oil, natural vanilla (non alcohol), himalayan salt
Healthy Cookie Dough: ground organic oats, ground almonds, vegan mini chocolate chips, peanut butter (peanuts, salt), gula melaka, natural vanilla flavor (non alcohol), himalayan salt
**if you have any food allergies to specific kinds of nuts/seeds/etc. let me know and I can adjust the recipe to accommodate you :)
**gluten free** - the traditional cookie dough pieces are gluten free. The healthy cookie dough pieces are gluten free as long as you are okay with regular organic oats. If you need me to use certified gluten free oats instead, just let me know after you order. Made in a kitchen where I also make gluten containing products, I do my best to avoid cross contamination but cannot guarantee.