Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream 1 L tub
**NOTE** We are currently not accepting individual orders. If you are looking to purchase this or other of our products, we stock them at Vegan District in Kota Damansara. You can stop by their store, or order from their website. I’d you are looking to purchase as a retailer or as a cafe/restaurant/hotel, please contact us for our wholesale product lists.
Looking for something cool and creamy on a hot day? A fancy ice cream to serve at a nice dinner? A refreshing scoop to add to the top of some cake or brownies? Try this limited edition sweet and creamy vegan strawberry shortcake ice cream!
Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy! Date sweetened ice cream has a thicker texture and can feel a little fibrous/grainy (I do strain it after blending), so keep this in mind.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor. Gula melaka sweetened ice cream is smoother than date sweetened, but can be a little icier in texture compared to cane sugar due to the water content in the gula melaka syrup.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
This special creamy vanilla ice cream is swirled with berrylicious strawberry sauce. Homemade gluten free shortbread cookie bits are sprinkled throughout.
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). But that’s a good thing,it’s not full of air, so you’re getting more ice cream! Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 10-20 minutes and then you can scoop it! Dip your scoop into hot water for even easier scooping. Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
The full fat coconut milk gives this ice cream a rich and creamy feel. I use fresh made cashew milk for part of the milk, so the ice cream doesn’t taste too much like coconut, and for extra creaminess. There is a small amount of sunflower oil added to the ice cream to improve how long the ice cream stays fresh and to help it be more scoopable. If you prefer no oil in your ice cream, let me know in notes at checkout.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- on top of apple pie or apple crisp.
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Ice cream base:Coconut milk, cashew milk, strawberry sauce (strawberries, organic unrefined cane sugar, tapioca starch), sweetener (organic unrefined sugar, gula melaka, or dates), sunflower oil, natural vanilla extract (non alcohol), pinch of Himalayan salt
Gluten free shortbread cookies: flour blend (brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca starch), gula melaka, coconut oil, natural vanilla extract, himalayan salt
**if you have any food allergies to specific kinds of nuts/seeds/etc. let me know and I can usually adjust the recipe to accommodate you :)