Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream 1 L tub
Looking for something refreshing on a hot day? A cool scoop to add to the top of some cake? This cool and creamy vegan chocolate ice cream is just the ticket! Plus you get to choose how you want it sweetened!
NEW - I have revamped my base ice cream recipe so the resulting ice creams are much creamier, yay!
- Choose date sweetened for an extra healthy treat - did you know that dates are the most nutritious sweetener in the world? They also add a slight caramel taste to your foods. Yummy! Date sweetened ice cream has a thicker texture and can feel a little fibrous/grainy (I do strain it after blending), so keep this in mind.
- Choose gula melaka for a yummy unrefined sweetener. This traditional coconut sugar gives a lovely caramel hint of flavor. Gula melaka sweetened ice cream is smoother than date sweetened, but can be a little icier in texture compared to cane sugar due to the water content in the gula melaka syrup.
- Choose cane sugar for a more traditional and creamier ice cream. Because we all need to indulge sometimes!
**our vegan ice creams can be quite hard/solid straight out of the freezer (sometimes you get a lucky batch that turns out fluffier). Don’t panic, just let it sit out for 10-20 minutes and then you can scoop it! Feeling impatient? You can also microwave it for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds for a full container) to quickly soften it for easy scooping.
The ice cream base is mostly coconut cream, for a rich and creamy ice cream. Some fresh nut/seed milk (usually sesame or almond) is used for part of the milk to let the cocoa flavor shine. Cashews are blended in for an extra creamy ice cream, and natural vanilla (non alcohol) gives a boost of flavor.
1 liter tub
How to enjoy this ice cream:
Not that anyone needs telling how to enjoy ice cream, but here are some of our favorite ways!
- With some date bars broken up in it.
- With granola or crackers sprinkled on top.
- On top of some vegan brownies
- With birthday cake!
- In an ice cream cone
- Smashed between two vegan cookies
- With chocolate sauce on top
Coconut milk, nuts/seed milk, sweetener (dates, gula melaka, or organic cane sugar), cocoa powder, cashews, natural vanilla extract (non alcohol), pinch of himalayan salt